Breakfast in Carolyn Scott’s Global Kitchen is served and it’s mouthwatering! Welcome to the best vegan alternative for scrambled eggs, the Ackee Scramble. Ackee fruit derives from Jamaica and can be found online, perfectly ready for consumption, making this breakfast not only healthy but also quick and delicious.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 can of ackee fruit
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Indian black salt
- 1 Heat skillet to medium heat and add a tablespoon olive oil or vegan butter.
- 2 Combine garlic and green onions in the skillet and saute until aromatic.
- 3 Toss in the ackee fruit and tomatoes and cook until juices reduce and flavors combine, add spinach.
- 4 Stir the scrambled mixture together and add all spices to skillet.
- 5 Cook until combined, and serve warm.