These cauliflower beer battered “wings” are a great snack food that any non vegan will have a hard time saying no to. The best part about these wings is that they can be covered in any sauce to match whatever flavor you’re in the mood for.
These cauliflower wings are great by themselves but also work with any sauce you want. Allow us to suggest Vegan Spicy Buffalo Wing Sauce!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups of beer
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Combine cauliflower ingredients, minus the cauliflower, until well incorporated.
- 2 Pour about 1 inch of a high smoking point oil (safflower, sunflower, etc.) on the bottom of a frying pan or wok and bring up to medium heat.
- 3 Once oil is hot but not smoking, dip the florets in the batter, making sure they are well coated.
- 4 Fry them until they are lightly brown, a few at a time, do not crowd the pan. When they’ve cooked, place them on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- 5 Toss cauliflower in Buffalo Sauce, making sure they are coated well and serve with blue cheese dip.