The national cocktail of Brazil, the caipirinha is made with a Cachaca rum that tastes more similar to tequila than traditional rum. With a strong flavor by itself, we added fresh watermelon, mint and lime juice to create these amazing Watermelon Caipirinha Cocktails that are perfect on a hot summer day!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
Thanks to the chefs at Rattan Direct for this recipe.
- 2 wedges of lime
- 4 mint leaves
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 4 cubes chilled watermelon
- 1.5 oz of cachaca
- 1 Take one glass tumbler and add 2 wedges of lime.
- 2 Add 4 mint leaves and 2 tsp of sugar.
- 3 Muddle this together so the juice and oils release from the limes and mix with the sugar and mint.
- 4 Now add 4 cubes of chilled watermelon and muddle again.
- 5 Now top with ice.
- 6 Pour over 1.5 oz of cachaca, stir, and add tropical type garnishes to get you in the mood.