Fiesta Soft Tacos Recipe. This recipe is part of Andrew Schloss’ “One Recipe, Four Ways” meal system.
This recipe is part of Andrew Schloss’ One Recipe, Four Ways meal system.
The taco meat filling used in this recipe may also be used in the following recipes:
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 300; Total fat 10g; Saturated fat 2.5g;
Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 400mg; Carbohydrate 30g; Fiber 4g; Protein 20g; Vitamin A 20%DV*; Vitamin C 25%DV; Calcium 8%DV; Iron 20%DV
- Daily Value
- FOR THE TACO MEAT FILLING:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced, mild green chiles
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, no salt added, drained
- 1/2 cup drained canned corn
- 1/2 cup drained and rinsed canned red kidney beans
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- FOR SERVING:
- Spray oil
- 8 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas, warm according to package directions
- 1/2 cup fancy, shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced avocados (optional)
- 1 For taco meat filling: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until lightly browned, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Add beef and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- 2 Add chili powder, cumin, pepper, chiles, tomatoes, corn, and beans and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 3 Season to taste with salt, if needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and keep warm.
- 4 To serve the original Family Fiesta Soft Tacos, plate up warm tortillas, dish up the cheese, lettuce, and avocado (if desired). Serve with taco meat filling. Assemble and enjoy.