Transform your holiday dessert with pasta!
Our Sweet Holiday Rollatini combines traditional dessert flavors of citrus and vanilla with the creaminess of ricotta cheese and Greek yogurt. Surprise your holiday guests by keeping the cookies in the cabinet and giving this recipe a try.
This recipe is courtesy of Pasta Fits. Other recipes in this series:
- 4 lasagna noodles
- 12 oz (1 1/2 cups) part-skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 lb (about 4 cups) mixed berries, divided
- 8 oz low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, to garnish (optional)
- 1 Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Cook the lasagna according to package directions. Drain and reserve. When cool enough to handle, cut the noodles in half crosswise.
- 2 Combine the ricotta, 4 tsp. of the sugar and the orange zest in a medium bowl. Fold in half of the berries. Reserve.
- 3 In another bowl, combine the yogurt, vanilla extract and remaining 2 tsp. of sugar. Reserve.
To Build the Rollatini
- 1 Place the noodles on a clean work surface. Divide the ricotta mixture evenly and place at one end of each noodle. Roll the noodles up and place on plates, seam side down.
- 2 Top with a dollop of the sweetened yogurt and sprinkle with remaining berries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Enjoy this Sweet Holiday Rollatini!