From marinating steaks in a secret blend to creating home team themed cocktails and bringing advanced grill-ware to the stadium, true fans strive to make each pre-game warm up and tailgate event the best. With this in mind, the world’s best-selling Bourbon has launched a search for the best pre-game warm upper in the country, in the form of an online video contest that began this month.
The contest – which lives online at www.jimbeam.com/pregame asks consumers of legal drinking age to submit videos demonstrating what makes their pre-game the boldest in the country. The grand prize winner of the contest will win the ultimate prize – a trip for four to attend the huge game in Dallas.
“We’re looking forward to seeing the different ways that people pre-game – what they eat, what they drink and how they support their team – to determine who does it the best,” said Fred Noe, seventh generation distiller for Jim Beam. “Much like Jim Beam Bourbon, true pre-gamers and tailgaters across the country cherish their originality and always strive for greatness. We encourage everyone out there to be bold and to show us why their pre-games truly are the greatest.”
To submit a video in the Jim Beam Pre-Game Warm Up contest, those of legal drinking age should:
- Create a 1-3 minute video, demonstrating why their pre-game and/or tailgate is best
- As part of the video, give a shout out to their favorite pre-game food and drink recipe(s)
- Submit the video online at www.jimbeam.com/pregrame
- Take advantage of the Director’s Toolbox on the Jim Beam pre-game website, which contains fonts, sound clips, movie clips, brand stills and story boards
- View sample video submissions on the Jim Beam pre-game website to obtain some inspiration
Submissions will be accepted between October 1 and November 12, 2010. Following the submission period, twelve semi-finalists will be selected and fans will then have the opportunity to vote for their favorite video. From there, six finalists will be determined and then one grand prize winner will be selected and awarded with a trip to test their pre-game skills at the huge game in Dallas.
In addition to the contest, consumers can also visit www.jimbeam.com/pregame to:
- View and submit their favorite pre-game food and cocktail recipes
- View and submit photos of their pre-game warm ups
- Vote in tailgate-related polls and join in on tailgate-related discussions
For more information on the Jim Beam Pre-Game Warm Up video contest, visit the Jim Beam website.