This year Share Our Strength is hosting an all-day Twitter event on May 4, “twEAT OUT” to encourage restaurants to register for the 2011 Dine Out For No Kid Hungry in September. With a fundraising goal of $3 million (twice what Dine Out For No Kid Hungry raised in 2010), they estimate needing 5,000 restaurants to participate.
The Sept. 18 through 24 event supports Share Our Strength‘s goal to eliminate childhood hunger. The National Restaurant Association, a founding partner, encourages its members to participate.
The tweets should invite restaurants to register themselves for the 2011 Dine Out For No Kid Hungry and/or to encourage other restaurants to do the same. Here are a few sample tweets, but feel free to improvise.
- Members! Have you registered! www.dineoutfornokidhungry.org #NoKidHungry
- Join now! Register for @Dine_Out 4 No Kid Hungry today: http://bit.ly/gXcnwh
- Have U registered for @Dine_Out 4 No Kid Hungry! If yes, ask others to join @Dine_Out 4 No Kid Hungry: http://bit.ly/gXcnwh
- Ask all your favorite restaurants to participate in @Dine_Out for #NoKidHungry. Details: http://nokidhungry.org/dineout
- Encourage restaurant member to register for @Dine_Out 4 #NoKidHungry. See how: http://nokidhungry.org/dineout
For more information on Share our Strength, or to sign up for the 2011 Dine Out For No Kid Hungry, go to www.strength.org.