Six last-minute Mom’s Day foodie gift ideas:
- Sangria on Sunday. This mother’s day, skip the breakfast in bed and whip up the perfect mother’s day sangria instead. Just in time for the holiday, VOGA Italia has created an outstanding Mother’s Day Sangria recipe, which you can find here. What’s more, the super sleek, eye catching bottle can easily double as a fashionable vase, perfect for holding those Mother’s Day flowers. VOGA Italia hails from Italy, a country known for producing some of the world’s best wine, as well as a keen sense of style and incredible devotion to fashion. The collection retails from $10.99 to $15.99 per bottle, and includes uniquely packaged Pinot Grigio, Merlot, Moscato, Quattro, Sparkling Pinot Grigio and Sparkling Pinot Grigio Chardonnay.
- Chocolate and Flowers Tour. If you live in the Chicago area, Chicago Chocolate Tours, famed for the memorable experiences they create through their tours, are reprising their extremely successful “Chocolate and Flowers” tour, just in time for Mother’s Day. An ideal complement to any Mother’s Day plans, “Chocolate and Flowers” tours offer a rare opportunity for the whole family to spend some quality time with Mom, all while enjoying some of the best chocolate Chicago has to offer. This limited edition tour takes guests, and their moms, on an adventure through time and around the world, without ever leaving the Gold Coast neighborhood. The tour groups visit some favorite local shops including White House Black Market where guests are treated to a special presentation by visiting chocolatier Katherine Anne Confections. Additionally, Randolph Floral Designs provides special Mother’s Day flowers as gifts to every woman on the tour. Tickets for the Chocolate and Flowers walking tours on Saturday, May 7 at 4:30 pm, and Sunday, May 8 at 2:30 pm can be purchased online at www.chicagochocolatetours.com/buy, or by calling 312-929-2939. Tours will start at 900 N. Michigan, and advance registration is required. Tickets are $50 per person.
- Honey. How about flavored organic honey from Bee Raw Honey. With flavors like blueberry, sourwood, star thistle, wild raspberry, sage, and cranberry, this is not your ordinary supermarket liquid. Bee Raw works with artisanal beekeepers, resulting in a spectrum of colors and flavors. Available at www.bee-raw.com.
- Strawberries Drenched in Chocolate. It’s hard to go wrong with fresh, in-season red-ripe strawberries dipped in luscious dark or milk chocolate, available from your local candy shop or chocolatier.
- Join the Crowd. Of course, you can always take Mom out to dinner on Mother’s Day. Just be sure to get your reservations in early.
- Fix Mom Dinner. Or you could simply let Mom relax in the comforts of her own home and prepare a sumptuous dinner, using one of these recipes, specially selected for the occasion.