The 38th Winter Fancy Food Show is going on this week in San Francisco with exhibit halls filled with the latest in specialty foods and beverages from across the U.S. and around the world. It runs Jan. 20-22, 2013, at the Moscone Center.
This year’s event features a keynote address by John Mackey, co-CEO and co-founder of Whole Foods Market, and the inaugural Leadership Awards from the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade, Inc., (NASFT), the show’s owner and operator. Mackey will discuss his new book, “Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business.”
The Winter Fancy Food Show showcases 80,000 specialty foods and beverages from 35+ countries and regions. Among the 1,300 exhibitors are more than 365 food companies from California and 25 emerging food entrepreneurs in a special pavilion called New Brands on the Shelf. Italy, Japan and Peru are among the 14 international pavilions.
- Television food personalities Melissa d’Arabian, Sara Moulton and Joanne Weir in a workshop on connecting with your audience presented by Cooking Channel
- A Visual Feast, an exhibit tracing the history of specialty food in America
- sofi ™Awards Showcase featuring winners of NASFT’s annual food awards
- What’s New, What’s Hot! Display with new products, gift ideas, natural and organic products, and the latest from participants in NASFT’s Diversity Program
- Business Builders 1-to-1, a customized match-making program for buyers and suppliers.
- Signature Seminar: The Basics: The Business of Specialty Foods
- Exhibitor food donation to Bay Area anti-hunger programs