In concert with our 13 Days of Christmas Cookies, I thought it would be fun to share some beverage parings beyond the expected milk! Our friends at Growler USA, a microbrew pub dedicated to serving only American-made brews, has put together craft beers that pair perfectly with some of the most beloved Christmas cookies! – Editor
- Sugar Cookies: The cut-out sugar cookies are a combination of buttery and rich and layered with a sugary frosting. An ice cold Pilsner like Firestone Walker’s Pivo Pils is the perfect pair—classic pilsner with this classic cookie.
- Gingerbread Cookies: The sweet and spicy cookies pair well with a classic winter ale like Boulevard Brewing Company’s Nutcracker Ale Winter Warmer. It’s filled with hints of molasses, but balanced by the spiciness of Chinook hops.
- Buckeyes: They are creamy, sweet peanut butter dipped in chocolate and they are the cookie we wait for all year. Four Hands Brewing Company’s Absence of Light Peanut Butter Milk Stout is the perfect pair for this dreamy cookie. It’s a full-bodied milk stout that is heavily dominated with chocolate and caramel malts, roasted barley and is finished with peanut butter.
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies: Chocolate is a must during the holiday season. These party favorites are complimented by a creamy ale like Rogue’s Chocolate Stout. This ale has earthy flavors from oats and hops that really do warm the heart during the holiday season.
- Linzer Star Christmas Cookies: These little bites are sweet and fresh pair with a beer that is equally as fruity and tasty. The experts say that an unfiltered double IPA is the way to go. Enjoy by 12/25 by Stone Brewing Company is ripe with peach and tropical fruit aromas and pairs perfectly with the jam from the cookie!