Dijon mustard and pickle juice add the tartness to this all-American potato salad. Prepare it one day ahead of time, so you don’t have so much work on the day of your big barbeque gathering.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 619 Fat, Total: 42g Carbohydrates, Total: 52g
Cholesterol: 179mg Sodium: 984mg Protein: 11g
Fiber: 6g % Cal. from Fat: 61% % Cal. from Carbs: 34%
- 4 1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 3 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1 Working in 3 batches, cut potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes and steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- 2 Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in large bowl to blend. Add hot potatoes and gently toss until most of dressing is absorbed.
- 3 Stir mayonnaise, pickle juice and mustard in another large bowl to blend. Add all remaining ingredients and reserved potato mixture; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- 4 DO-AHEAD TIP: Salad can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.