Here’s a great recipe from Chef Franck Pontais. The trick is to always use fresh, seasonal ingredients. That’s what makes this simple and delicious tomato side dish a feast for the senses!
- 4 beef tomatoes per serving
- 1 small Aubergine
- 2 medium courgette
- 1/2 bunch spring onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped chive
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tomato concentrate
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 2 pinches Maldon salt
- Cracked black pepper 1 pinch
- 1 Slice the top of the beef tomato and then replace it.
- 2 Put the tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 220C .
- 3 Once cool, scoop out the tomatoes and put the flesh in a saucepan with the vegetable stock, chopped garlic and tomato concentrate.
- 4 Bring to simmer and blitz the mix with a hand blender.
- 5 Pass the tomato sauce through a sieve and season to taste.
- 6 Wash and cut the aubergine and the courgette into cubes.
- 7 Drizzle some olive oil in a saucepan and cook the aubergine first for a minute or two
- 8 Add the diced courgette and cook cover for a further 2 minutes.
- 9 Add the chopped spring onions and some of the chives.
- 10 Season to taste.
- 11 Fill the tomato with the vegetable mix and reheat in the oven for 15 minutes at 175C.
- 12 Sprinkle the rest of the chives on top of each tomato and serve hot with the tomato sauce.