The Snickerdoodle is a sugar cookie, probably of German origin, characterized by a cracked surface. They can be crisp or soft–it’s your preference. The point is, they are delicious.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2 Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and almond extracts.
- 3 Combine four, baking powder, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- 4 Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll dough into a 1 inch ball, roll into the sugar mixture and coat well then place on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- 5 Bake at 375ºF for 10-14 minutes or until lightly browned (ovens may vary so check to see browning around edges).
- 6 Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.