Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
A thin slice of this decadent dessert is all you need to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 409 Fat, Total: 29g Carbohydrates, Total: 29g
Cholesterol: 139mg Sodium: 244mg Protein: 7g
Fiber: 1g % Cal. from Fat: 64% % Cal. from Carbs: 28%
Cooking.com Tip: If you don’t have a Bain Marie, a metal mixing bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water will do the trick. Just use a bowl that is large enough to cover the saucepan without it resting in the water.
- FOR CRUST: One 11-ounce box chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- FOR FILLING: 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 20 ounces cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 2 drops almond extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 FOR THE CRUST: Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 2 Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Finely grind cookies in food processor. Mix in butter. Press mixture over bottom and 3/4 of the way up sides of prepared pan.
- 3 FOR THE FILLING: Stir chocolate in top of double boiler set over simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4 Using electric stand mixer and paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl on medium speed until fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Add next 3 ingredients, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Mix in flour just until blended. Transfer filling to prepared crust.
- 5 Bake cheesecake until edges are firm and center is softly set, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Transfer pan to rack and cool. Cover and refrigerate until cheesecake is cold, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 6 Using knife, cut around sides of pan to loosen cake. Remove pan sides. Cut cheesecake into wedges and serve.