If you’re looking for a Thanksgiving appetizer with a twist, consider this Apple & Brie Brûlée with carmelized sugar, created by New York City’s Chef Michael Ferraro of Delicatessen.
This is one of three recipes for Thanksgiving, designed by some of America’s favorite chefs, that offer the unique twist of using a Bernzomatic blowtorch to create some real flair. Always follow manufacturer instructions for use and safety.
Find a recipe for Potato and Cauliflower Au Gratin here.
Find a recipe for Sweet Potato Crumbles with Torched Marshmallows here.
- 1 Wedge Brie
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple
- To Taste Raw sugar
- As needed Baquette or crackers
- 1 Set a wedge of Brie out and bring to room temperature.
- 2 Thinly slice apple wedges on mandolin and shingle on a piece of plastic wrap.
- 3 Place Brie over apples and cut to size.
- 4 Flip plastic and cheese over so that apples are shingled atop cheese.
- 5 Sprinkle a good amount of raw sugar over apples and brûlée with torch.
- 6 Serve with baquette or crackers.