This apple-cheddar loaf is wonderful as is…but you gotta try it toasted!
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 3 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- 2 Combine Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, applesauce, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, milk and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl often.
- 3 Stir in cheese and raisins. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4 Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.