Apple Fritters can seem intimidating. Here’s an option that gives you the same great flavor of apple fritters and you simply mix, pour and bake.
This Apple Fritter Coffee Cake reminds me of banana bread. Perfect as a Sunday morning sweet bread that can only be topped by a cup of coffee. Let me show you how.
It’s Just That Simple!™
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- 2 In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Add milk, eggs and lemon juice, continuiing to beat until well blended.
- 3 In a separate bowl, blend flour, bakng powder and cinnamon. Add dry to wet, beating until well incorporated. It doesn't need to be smooth.
- 4 Peel, core and dice apple. Add to flour and butter mixture along with the raisins and continue beating, on low speed, until everything is thoroughly mixed. Again, it does not have to be smooth.
- 5 Pour into prepared pan and bake 45-50 minutes, or until cracked on top and it bounces back in the middle when lightly pressed.
- 6 Remove from oven, cool slightly, loosen the edges and invert onto a platter to completely cool. If desired, slice up while warm to serve.