With Mother’s Day approaching, it’s time to start thinking about the perfect gift for mom. Just in time for Mother’s Day, Log Cabin, a family household tradition since 1887 announces the reformulation of its syrup line, by replacing High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) with natural sugar. Now, kids can celebrate mom with this high fructose corn syrup free Mother’s day Recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Log Cabin®.
- 1/2 cup favorite pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons butter -- (melted)
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple -- (peeled and sliced)
- 1/3 cup pecans -- (chopped)
- 3 cups Log Cabin syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon -- (ground)
- 1 Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pancake mix according to package directions; and set aside.
- 2 Pour melted butter in 9-inch pie plate. Place apple slices in bottom of pie plate; sprinkle cinnamon and pecans and drizzle syrup over apples; carefully pour batter on top.
- 3 Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Loosen edges and invert onto serving plate.
- 4 Cut in wedges and serve with warm maple syrup and/or fresh apple butter. Serves 4 to 6. Good served with sausage links.