Make this quick and easy apple tart using convenient puff pastry sheets from the freezer case. Keep a package of the pastry on hand so you can prepare this impressive last-minute dessert anytime.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (1/2 of 17.3 ounce package)
- 2 apples, such as Granny Smith or Golden Delicious, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Roasted Saigon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup apple jelly or apricot preserves, melted
- Cinnamon Whipped Cream (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Place puff pastry on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cut 4 (3/4-inch) strips evenly around the puff pastry with small knife. Place strips on the edges to form a frame. Prick inside of pastry all over with fork.
- 2 Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, toss apples with sugar, cornstarch and roasted cinnamon. Spoon evenly onto puff pastry. Brush apples with butter.
- 3 Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown. Brush melted jelly over apples. Cool on wire rack. Serve with Cinnamon Whipped Cream, if desired.