Juicy plums accent the smokiness of applewood and add adventurous flair to this all-American barbecue. This is one of the featured flavor combinations featured in McCormick’s new Flavor Forecast: Grilling Edition.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- CINNAMON HONEY DRESSING: 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Roasted Saigon Cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup plum jelly
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Grill Mates® Applewood Rub
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound extra large shrimp (16 to 20 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 plums, quartered
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 6 slices applewood bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 FOR THE CINNAMON HONEY DRESSING: Mix lemon juice, honey, sea salt and roasted cinnamon in small bowl.
- 2 Slowly whisk in oil. Set aside.
- 3 MIX plum jelly and water in small bowl. Mix Applewood Rub and lemon peel. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Brush with oil. Coat with Rub mixture.
- 4 GRILL shrimp skewers over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes per side or just until shrimp turn pink, brushing occasionally with plum jelly mixture.
- 5 Grill plums 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning frequently and brushing with 2 tablespoons of the Cinnamon Honey Dressing. Cut plums into slices.
- 6 TO SERVE, divide salad greens among 6 plates. Top each with shrimp, plums, raspberries and bacon. Serve immediately with remaining Cinnamon Honey Dressing.