These mouthwatering Apricot Scones with Maple-Ginger Glaze offer a tasty twist on a breakfast classic, perfect for the whole family to enjoy.
Whether you’re preparing for Easter brunch or enjoying a lazy Sunday morning, these flavorful scones will go perfectly with your morning cup of coffee or brunch-time mimosa.
Recipe and image courtesy of Runamok Maple.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, diced
- 1 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons Runamok Ginger Root-Infused Maple Syrup
- 1 Preheat oven to 375.
- 2 Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- 3 n a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the butter and combine with your fingers until crumbly. Mix in half and half and stir until well incorporated but don’t overmix. Fold in the chopped apricots.
- 4 Place the dough on a floured surface and roll it to a thickness of about ¾ inch. Cut with a 3-inch round cookie cutter (or any shape you like) and put the rounds on the cookie sheet.
- 5 Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until slightly browned on top and the interior is fully cooked. Remove from the oven to cool. Mix the confectioners sugar and maple syrup to a very thick consistency (you don’t want it dribbling off the scone.) Spread a thin layer over each scone and serve.