This unique and tasty salad can be prepared in advance, covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
For a variation, add 1 jar Italian tuna packed in oil. For extra flavor, sprinkle the artichoke hearts with olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast for 15 minutes in a preheated 400°F oven.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- FOR THE DRESSING: 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 package frozen quartered artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 cans (each 15 ounces) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, red pepper flakes and fennel seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- 2 In a large bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, beans, onion, celery and oregano. Add the dressing and toss to coat the salad evenly. Transfer the salad to a servin bowl or, for transporting, pack in an airtight container.
- 3 MAKE-AHEAD TIP: The salad can be prepared in advance, covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.