This savory and nutrient-packed Asian-style chicken noodle soup is sure to help you beat your winter blues. Thank you to the chefs at Rattan Direct for bringing us this delicious winter recipe!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
If you would like to see more recipes and videos from The Recipe Show by Rattan Direct, click here!
- For The Stock:
- 1 small chicken
- 2 inches fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stem lemongrass
- 1 star anise
- For The Soup:
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 2 spring onion, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- 3 fresh limes
- 2 red chilies, sliced
- Soy sauce to taste
- 1 Place the chicken in a large pan with the aromatic ingredients. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
- 2 Turn down to a slow simmer and cook for about 2 hours, or until the chicken falls from the bone.
- 3 When ready, strain the stock and pick the meat from the chicken.
- 4 Break the noodles into the bottom of bowls and divide the soup ingredients among them.
- 5 Add a small handful of chicken to each bowl, pour the hot stock over it, and stand for 3 minutes until the noodles soften.
- 6 Garnish with lime juice, soy sauce, and a few red chilies to taste.