Delight your guests with this perfect hand-held appetizer. Wonton wrappers make an eye-catching edible shell for the spiced chicken filling highlighted by a ginger and vanilla flavored sauce.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cumin, Ground
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Ginger, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Black Pepper, Coarse Grind
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Garlic Powder
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cut into thin strips
- Vanilla Apricot Sauce:
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Ginger, Ground
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cinnamon, Saigon
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Coat two 6-cup muffin pans with no stick cooking spray. Press 1 wonton square into each cup. Lightly coat squares with cooking spray again. Bake 7 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool in pan; remove and set aside.
- 3 Place chicken, onion, lemon juice, oil, soy sauce and seasonings in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate 15 minutes to marinate.
- 4 Heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture with marinade; cook 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in spinach; cook 1 minute. Drain liquid from pan. Fill baked wonton cups with chicken mixture. Set aside.
- 5 For the Vanilla Apricot Sauce, mix all ingredients in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until warm. Top chicken cups with a dollop of sauce.