Try this unique quiche from KC Quaretti that is healthy and perfect for a quick family dinner.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust dough
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 onion
- 8 ounces asparagus divided
- 1 1/2 cups baby kale (if using regular Kale it will need to be chopped)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Line pie pan with unbaked pie crust and press 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese into bottom of pie shell.
- 3 Mince the onion.
- 4 Thinly slice 6 asparagus spears.
- 5 Drizzle olive oil into large sauté pan over medium-low heat, add the minced onion.
- 6 Add the kale and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 7 Cover and let sauté until kale is wilted and onions are translucent then remove from heat to cool slightly.
- 8 In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and yogurt, add in 1 ¼ cup mozzarella, ham, nutmeg and another sprinkle of pepper. I do not add more salt because the ham will bring enough salt into the dish.
- 9 When the onion kale mixture is cooled slightly add to the egg/yogurt mixture and pour into your pie shell.
- 10 Place remaining asparagus spears on the top of the quiche in a wagon wheel formation and top with remaining grated cheeses.
- 11 Bake for 50 minutes.
- 12 Let cool for ten minutes before serving.