Backyard Barbecue Spareribs Recipe. Fire up the grill. These spareribs are great for a summer barbeque with all the fixin’s. And the sauce has a special secret ingredient: cherry cola, c-o-l-a, colaaaaah.
This recipe courtesy of http://www.recipegoldmine.com and National Pork Board.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 790; Protein 41 grams; Fat 54 grams; Sodium 1080 milligrams; Cholesterol 175 milligrams; Saturated Fat 20 grams; Carbohydrates 36 grams; Fiber 2 grams.
- 2 slabs pork spareribs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cherry cola soft drink
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Prepare a medium-hot banked fire in covered kettle style grill. Cut each slab of ribs between ribs into four pieces. Place rib-side-down over indirect heat and grill for 1 1/4 hours.
- 2 Meanwhile in a saucepan combine catsup, Worcestershire sauce, cherry cola, vinegar, paprika, chili powder, pepper and onion; simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Brush ribs generously with sauce and continue to cook, about 20-30 minutes, basting and turning often, until ribs are nicely glazed.
- 3 Wine suggestion: Serve with a chilled rosé or ice cold beer.
- 4 Serving Suggestions: These classically flavored spareribs are good any time year. Serve ribs with corn on the cob, creamy cole slaw and corn muffins.