The Big Game is coming up and you need tasty food ideas. This Bacon Popcorn might sound kind of weird but it’s really good.
Recipe by Chef Brian McBride, Blue Duck Tavern, Washington D.C., courtesy of Plate magazine
- 12 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/3 cup popcorn, preferably dusty blue variety
- 1 pound applewood smoked bacon, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds butter
- salt, as needed
- 1 Heat canola oil in a large pot, add popcorn and pop. Place in large bowl.
- 2 Fry bacon until crispy, reserving rendered fat.
- 3 Purée cooked bacon and rendered bacon fat with melted butter. Toss popcorn with bacon butter, season with salt and serve.