This Mexican-inspired recipe from Cooking Guru has all the ingredients to make the perfect dinner entree. Bubbly warm cheese melted on top of chicken enchiladas infused with green peppers and sour cream make this one meal your family will ask for again and again.
To see this recipe in action, and to see more videos from the Cooking Guru series, click here.
- 2 cups cooked, cubed or shredded chicken breast (no skin).
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup Clover Organic sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 4 oz. can mild fire-roasted diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 3/4 cup prepared red chile Enchilada Sauce
- 1 3/4 cup Clover Organic shredded Three Cheese Mexican Blend (divided)
- 8 flour tortillas, “fajita” size
- 1 Preheat oven to 350. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- 2 Add the onions and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- 3 Add the cubed chicken, green chilies, and sliced olives to the pan. Stir gently to mix.
- 4 Pour in half of the Enchilada Sauce and toss to coat.
- 5 Add Clover Organic sour cream and chopped parsley.
- 6 Stir to combine & remove from heat.
- 7 Add 3/4 cup shredded Clover Organic Three Cheese Mexican Blend, and fold in until cheese is melted & combined.
- 8 Lightly coat the inside of a medium-size rectangular baking dish with a little olive oil.
- 9 Working with one tortilla at a time, spoon some chicken mixture onto each and roll up.
- 10 Line the filled tortillas in the dish.
- 11 Drizzle with the remaining enchilada sauce.
- 12 Sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- 13 Cover with foil and bake on the center oven rack for 25 minutes.
- 14 Remove foil and continue baking for 10 minutes more until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted. *Serve with green salad.