This fruity and fresh oatmeal morning starter is a great way to start your day out with plenty of energy. Not only do mango and coconut make the perfect fruit combination, but the fiber in the oatmeal is great for your digestive system, making this recipe the ultimate healthy breakfast.
Follow along with Johanna Cook from Momma Cuisine as she shows you exactly how to make this morning masterpiece, here.
- 2 cups rolled oats – DO NOT use quick oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint half and half
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 mango – pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup sweet shredded coconut
- 1 Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 In a deep dish, mix all the ingredients together.
- 3 Bake, uncovered for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check to make sure the oats are cooked all the way through before taking out.
- 4 Let cool and serve with a splash of milk or water.