Rib, loin, or boneless pork chops can be used in this recipe.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
Add your favorite herbs and spices to Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix to create a variety of coatings for meat, chicken and fish.
- 3/4 cup Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teasponn paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 6 each pork chops, cut 3/4-inch thick
- SAUCE 1 cup currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 2 Combine Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, sesame seeds, paprika, salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Drizzle melted butter over mixture and blend well.
- 3 Dip pork chops in water and add, one or two at a time, to mixture in bag. Gently shake bag until chops are coated on both sides.
- 4 Place chops in prepared pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes until done.
- 5 Combine currant jelly, mustard and allspice in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until jelly melts, stirring until smooth. Serve warm over chops.