This recipe for Baked Salmon with Door County Cherries, Pistachios and Herbed Panko is from Janice W. Thomas of the Savory Spoon Cooking School in Door County, Wisconsin.
It’s one of the stops made by The Food Channel on a recent visit to Door County, hosted by the Door County Visitor’s Bureau. It is reprinted with permission. Find other stories in the series here.
Photos by Paul K. Logsdon.
- 4 salmon fillets (6-7 ounce)
- To taste salt and pepper
- ¾ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- ¼ cup dried Door County cherries, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2 Use a cooking spray on baking sheet, then place salmon on it.
- 3 Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- 4 Place skin side down on sheet.
- 5 Combine panko, pistachios, dried cherries, 2 tablespoons melted butter, thyme, and lemon zest in medium bowl; blend well.
- 6 Spoon mixture onto salmon, dividing equally. Press to adhere.
- 7 Drizzle with remaining melted butter.
- 8 Bake until topping is golden and salmon is just opaque in center, about 20 minutes.