Balsamic vinegar adds its characteristic pungent sweetness to this popular brunch cocktail. For the best flavor, choose a good-quality, multifiltered vodka.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Breakfast and Brunch, by Georgeanne Brennan, Elinor Klivans, Jordan Mackay and Charles Pierce (Oxmoor House, 2007).
- Ice cubes as needed
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Juice of 2 limes
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 4 green chilies
- 1 Fill 4 tall glasses with ice.
- 2 In a large pitcher, combine the vodka, tomato juice, vinegar, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, celery salt, lime juice and ice. Stir well to combine and season with pepper. Pour into the ice-filled glasses and garnish each glass with a cherry tomato and a chili speared on a cocktail pick. Serve immediately.