These Balsamic Mushroom Pepper Steaks are created by combining a juicy strip steak with a mushroom and pepper sauté, covered in a savory-sweet balsamic vinegar sauce.
From start to finish, this recipe only takes 20 minutes to create, which is why we chose it to be part of our Five Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas; simply click and enjoy to see more ideas!
This recipe is courtesy of Terra’s Kitchen.
- Chef's knife
- Large nonstick skillet
- Measuring spoons
- Small bowl
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Coconut or avocado oil
- Kosher salt or flake sea salt
- Balsamic vinegar
- Crushed red pepper
- Fajita mix
- Minced garlic
- Sliced crimini mushrooms
- Sliced scallions
- Soy sauce
- Strip steak
- 1 Prep Ingredients: Chop parsley. Whisk together vinegar, honey, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
- 2 Sear Steaks: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Sear steak 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- 3 Cook Vegetables: Add 2 teaspoons oil to drippings in skillet. Add fajita mix, mushrooms, and garlic. Sauté 8 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender. Stir in scallions.
- 4 Finish Dish: Return steaks to skillet. Add vinegar mixture. Cook 2 minutes or until steaks are cooked to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5 To Serve: Divide steak and vegetables between two serving plates. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.