This Banana-Poppy Seed Loaf is delicious…but you must try it toasted!
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 3 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 small)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- 2 Combine Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, sugar and poppy seeds in a mixing bowl. Combine yogurt, bananas, egg whites, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3 Bake 50 to 55 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4 Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.