The perfect portable sandwich, the Picnic Loaf is a partially hollowed out loaf of bread, stuffed with a variety of delicious fillings!
The Banh-Mi Style Picnic Loaf is made with french bread, paté, ham, salami, soy sauce, vinegar and fresh vegetables. Simply wrap the sandwich tightly in plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight, transport and slice to enjoy!
This recipe is courtesy of the Chefs at Rattan Direct.
- 1 French baguette
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 1/2 oz paté
- 1/4 lb ham
- 1/4 lb salami
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Carrot, grated
- Radishes, thinly sliced
- Spring onion, chopped
- Fresh coriander, about 12 whole leaves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 Slice the baguette in half and pull out some of the bread.
- 2 Spread with mayonnaise.
- 3 Layer the ingredients.
- 4 Mix the soy, vinegar and sugar together.
- 5 Add the dressing to the sandwich and replace the lid.
- 6 You can eat this sandwich straight away or press and chill as with the others.