This BBQ Shrimp New Orleans Style is a winner and so representative of a New Orleans’ favorite made better for you.
Be sure to make angel hair pasta and get a loaf of French bread to dip in the sauce. Did you know shrimp is rich in magnesium and magnesium has been found to decrease the stress hormone, cortisol, giving you a calm sleepy feeling?
This shrimp dish is screaming for a good Chardonnay—for the recipe and for you!
This recipe is from Guy’s Guide To Eating Well, my informative and approachable men’s cookbook targeting men’s health and wellness.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian or creamy onion dressing
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves dried
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves dried
- To taste salt and pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp not peeled
- 1/3 cup light beer, clam juice or broth
- 1/2 cup clam juice or fat-free chicken broth
- 1 In large nonstick skillet, combine oil, Italian dressing, garlic, onion powder, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper over medium heat until sauce begins to boil.
- 2 Add shrimp, cook 5 minutes.
- 3 Add beer and broth, cook another 5–7 minutes or until shrimp are done.