Beer Battered Cod Recipe. Beer Batter Seafood Batter Mix, combined with the extra kick from OLD BAY and a little beer (or water) gives seafood a great taste and extremely crisp texture.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup McCormick® Beer Batter Seafood Batter Mix
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 2/3 cup beer or water
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375°F on medium heat.
- 2 Mix Batter Mix and Old Bay in medium bowl. Add beer or water; stir until smooth. Dip fish into batter. Shake off excess.
- 3 Fry fish, a few pieces at a time, 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once to brown evenly. Drain on paper towels.