These mini-muffins are unbelievably tasty, and just the right size to add to your breakfast or brunch table! This recipe is courtesy of The Food Channel’s Beth Wray, who you can see on many of our video segments. You can call these muffins, puffs, or simply delicious.
This recipe makes about 20 mini-muffins, and plan on at least a couple per person because they are just easy to pop in your mouth! It’s great to serve them warm, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with them the next morning, either!
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- additional 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 Grease 20 mini-muffin cups.
- 3 Mix well the vegetable oil, 1/2 cup sugar ,and egg.
- 4 In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- 5 Add milk alternately with flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- 6 Mix well.
- 7 Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full with batter.
- 8 Bake 15-20 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle of one comes out clean.
- 9 While baking, melt your butter and set aside.
- 10 In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- 11 Remove muffins from oven and immediately roll each one in melted butter, then transfer to the bowl with cinnamon sugar and roll them again.
- 12 Serve warm!