The Big Game is right around the corner and you can never have enough dip!
This dip is perfect for those trying to remain healthy in the new year and for football fans on the hunt for a quick and easy dip. The best part? The other guests won’t be able to tell the difference; this Better-for-You Spinach Artichoke Dip is delicious.
This recipe is courtesy of BOU, the better-for-you bouillon/stock with 30% reduced sodium, with no added MSG.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 BOU vegetable flavored bouillon cube
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (9-ounce) package artichoke hearts, defrosted, rinsed, dried and finely chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, excess liquid squeezed out
- 1/2 cup fresh part skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2 Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and Bou and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until onions are light golden. Remove from heat and cool.
- 3 In the bowl of a food processor combine artichoke hearts, spinach, ricotta, mayonnaise, cream cheese, mozzarella, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Process until smooth. Add cooled onion-garlic mixture to the food processor and pulse a few times to combine.
- 4 Transfer mixture into an 8-inch glass square baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate which has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips.