Big Oatmeal Raisin Chews recipe – These big, soft, chewy cookies are lightly spiced and just delicious.
Makes 18 cookies
Facts per Serving
Calories: 294 Fat, Total: 12g Carbohydrates, Total: 46g
Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 132mg Protein: 4g
Fiber: 2g % Cal. from Fat: 37% % Cal. from Carbs: 63%
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats (do not use instant or quick oats)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 1 Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter 3 large (16 by 14-inch) nonstick baking sheets.
- 2 Mix first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until well blended, about 1 minute. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended, about 1 minute. On low speed, beat in dry ingredients just until blended (do not over beat). Stir in raisins.
- 3 Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing evenly apart and forming 6 mounds per sheet. Bake until cookies are pale golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets for 5 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer cookies to racks and cool completely. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)