Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Bittersweet Chocolate Fondue Recipe. Almost anything tastes better dipped in chocolate. Use your imagination and offer cubes of your favorite cake and sliced fruit for dipping. You could even include small chocolate chip, shortbread, peanut butter or oreo cookies which can be dipped directly into the fondue without using a fondue fork.
6 servings (2 cups)
Facts per Serving
Calories: 325 Fat, Total: 21g Carbohydrates, Total: 39g
Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 22mg Protein: 3g
Fiber: 1g % Cal. from Fat: 58% % Cal. from Carbs: 48%
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons (about) water
- 12 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 Bring cream and 2 tablespoons water to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth. Whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons water (or substitute with 3 tablespoons liqueur of choice; see variations listed below).
- 2 Transfer to fondue pot and keep warm over fondue burner. If fondue becomes too thick at any time, mix in more water by tablespoonfuls as needed.
- 3 DIPPERS: 1-inch pieces gingerbread, pound cake or angel food cake, large marshmallows, fresh strawberries, 1-inch pieces of banana, orange or tangerine segments, kiwi wedges, pear wedges, assorted dried fruit such as apricots, figs, apple rings, pineapple rings.
- 4 *VARIATIONS:* CHOCOLATE-ORANGE FONDUE: Replace 3 tablespoons water with 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur and mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel.
- 5 CHOCOLATE-LEMON FONDUE: Replace 3 tablespoons water with 2 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate and mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel.
- 6 MOCHA FONDUE: Replace 3 tablespoons water with 3 tablespoons Kahlua liqueur and mix in 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals.