Add variety to your pesto with Black Walnuts. Because the Black Walnut is wild, its taste is more robust and out-of-the-ordinary than orchard-grown nuts. It is a full untamed natural flavor that is derived from the roots of the tree. It’s nature’s gift.
This recipe courtesy of Hammons Products Company
- 3/4 cup Black Walnuts
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 cloves garlic or to taste
- 1 pound pasta of your choice, cooked according to package directions
- Salt and Pepper
- Drop of Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 In food processor, combine walnuts, basil leaves, and garlic and pulse until well blended to create pesto mixture.
- 2 Melt butter in skillet; add pesto mixture and olive oil.
- 3 Heat until well blended, then stir in the cooked pasta.
- 4 Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.