Irresistible no matter which of the three ways you top it!
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 2 packages (1 pound each) frozen blackberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- SWEET CREAM BISCUIT TOPPING: 2 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or coarse sugar crystals
- 1 In large bowl, combine frozen berries, 1 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Pour into 13x9-inch or 10x10-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, in medium mixing bowl, stir together Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, cream and enough milk to make a soft dough.
- 3 With fluted pastry wheel, cut dough into 1-inch-wide strips. Place 4 or 5 strips lengthwise across the hot blackberry mixture. Place 5 or 7 strips crosswise over first strips. Cut off any overhanging dough. Brush the lattice top with butter; sprinkle with sugar.
- 4 Increase oven temperature to 400°F and bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until lattice top is light golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.