BLT Bites are wonderful as a quick snack or party appetizer.
This recipe courtesy of SPAM®.
- 1 sheet (1/2 of 17 1/4-ounce package) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cans (3-ounce each) SPAM® Spread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup HORMEL® Bacon Bits or Pieces
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2 On lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry sheet (1/2 of package). Gently roll into a 10 1/2 x 10 1/2 -inch square. Using a pastry cutter or knife, cut pastry into 1 1/2 inch square pieces. Place pastry squares onto baking sheet.
- 3 In small bowl, combine egg and water. Brush egg mixture onto each square and sprinkle with cracked black pepper. Bake 10-12 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Cool completely.
- 4 In small bowl, combine SPAM® Spread, mayonnaise, bacon and tomato.
- 5 With a small serrated knife, split each square horizontally in half. Top bottom half of each square with shredded lettuce and about 1 rounded teaspoon of filling. Place remaining tops over filling and serve. Makes 49 bites.