They may look spooky, but the only chill you’ll get from these chocolate cookie bats is from the BLUE BUNNY® Premium Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream on top! Add scary cinnamon imperial eyes, chocolate sprinkles and a caramel sauce “moon” for an irresistibly delicious Halloween scene.
Recipe courtesy of Blue Bunny®.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Scoop BLUE BUNNY® Premium Homemade Chocolate ice cream
- Chocolate Syrup & Carmel Sauce for outlines
- Cinnamon Imperials and Chocolate Sprinkles for body & eyes
- 1 PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 2 MICROWAVE: chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH one and a half minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix well. Blend in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until dough is easy to handle. Flatten dough by placing in between saran wrap using a rolling pin. Cut out cookie to desired shape. Seasonal cookie cut outs can be purchased at any store.
- 3 BAKE: 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 DESIGN: Place 1 scoop Blue Bunny® Premium Homemade Chocolate ice cream as the body. Take 2 Cinnamon Imperials as the eyes you will be also able to use chocolate syrup as the outline of the wings filled with a caramel sauce. As a finishing touch use chocolate sprinkles for the body.