These ice cream truffles are super rich, super delicious and super easy to make. The key is to work with super cold (frozen) utensils and serve immediately. They are so incredibly delicious, you may want to consider doubling the recipe!
Recipe courtesy of Blue Bunny®.
(See video “how to” below.)
- Melon baller or ice cream scoop
- Sheet pan, chilled
- Serving bowl, chilled (for finished truffles)
- Parchment paper
- Double boiler (optional)
- 6 ounces BLUE BUNNY® Super Fudge Brownie™ Ice Cream (12 small scoops)
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 12 walnut halves
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts
- 1 Scoop 12 small balls of ice cream, making sure to place one halved walnut in the middle of each truffle as you're scooping (see video).
- 2 Place truffles on a pre-chilled (frozen) parchment-lined sheet pan. Insert 1 toothpick into each truffle in preparation for dipping in chocolate. Return sheet pan to freezer.
- 3 Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave, making sure to melt slowly and not overheat. Remove truffles from freezer and dip into melted chocolate, then coat with chopped walnuts. Place back on sheet pan and remove toothpicks once chocolate has set.
- 4 Transfer truffles to chilled serving bowl to minimize melting and serve immediately.