Your little ghosts and goblins will willingly enter this delicious spider’s lair! Chocolate cookie spiders are topped with BLUE BUNNY® Premium Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream and decorated with candy corn fangs and stripes, cinnamon imperial eyes and Twizzlers® stripes and webs.
Recipe courtesy of Blue Bunny®.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 scoops BLUE BUNNY® Premium Homemade Chocolate ice cream
- Cinnamon Imperials
- Candy Corn and Twizzlers for decorations
- 1 PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 2 MICROWAVE: chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH one and a half minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix well. Blend in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until dough is easy to handle. Flatten dough by placing in between saran wrap using a rolling pin. Cut out cookie to desired shape. Seasonal cookie cut outs can be purchased at any store.
- 3 BAKE: 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 DESIGN: Place two scoops of Blue Bunny® Premium Homemade Chocolate ice cream as the body and head of the spider. Place the Cinnamon Imperials as the eyes also add Candy Corn and Twizzler's as the stripes on the body. To complete the spider place Candy Corn as the Mouth.