Bewitchingly minty, these chocolate cookie witches have BLUE BUNNY® Premium Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream faces. Accessorize with gummy worm hair, cinnamon imperial eyes and candy corn noses. Add icing details, and watch them fly off the plate!
Recipe courtesy of Blue Bunny®.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Scoop BLUE BUNNY® Premium Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Imperials
- Candy Corn
- Icing and Gummy Worms for decoration
- 1 PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 2 MICROWAVE: chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH one and a half minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix well. Blend in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until dough is easy to handle. Flatten dough by placing in between saran wrap using a rolling pin. Cut out cookie to desired shape. Seasonal cookie cut outs can be purchased at any store.
- 3 BAKE: 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 DESIGN: Take 1 scoop of Blue Bunny® Premium Mint Chocolate Chip and place this as the Face of the witch. Take Cinnamon Imperial's and place these as the eyes, Candy Corn can be used for the nose. Icing along with Gummy Worms can be used for the mouth and hair respectively.