We originally did this recipe for last year’s game – so who will be the team this year? Start practicing your Big Game food!
See our :90 Seconds in the Kitchen episode that walks you through how to make this recipe.
Are you a Bronco’s fan, or a Panther’s fan? Which will you choose? It may depend on your choice of dessert! This Blueberry Buckle is part of the line-up when you want to bring out the best for a Big Game party. . . but we also have the Panther’s Silver Pie. This one is a simple-to-make blueberry treat, that may make it easy to choose which side you are on!
See our story here about the Bronco Blue Buckle Vs. the Panther Silver Pie and choose your side for the 2016 game!
- Pie dough, prepared, two sheets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 quart blueberries, fresh
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Zest and juice of one orange
- Black pepper, pinch
- 1 Preheat oven 375°F.
- 2 To make an egg wash, simply whisk egg and water together.
- 3 Mix ingredients together and place in a tart pan with one sheet pie dough lined on the bottom.
- 4 Using second pie dough, cut in to desired shapes and place on top.
- 5 Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- 6 Bake until crust is brown and berries are bubbling.