These muffins are really moist and have a nice texture from the coconut with a bit of tang from the lemon peel.
This recipe courtesy of EllynAnne Geisel, author of The Apron Book.
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- 2 Butter and flour nine muffin cups.
- 3 In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar and lemon peel until fluffy.
- 4 Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- 5 Beat in the cream, then the flour until just combined.
- 6 Stir in the coconut, then gently fold in the blueberries.
- 7 Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cups. Bake until the edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Invert onto a rack and let cool.
- 8 This recipe can also be baked in mini loaf pans. Recipe freezes well.